Events and Marketing Manager
The Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts in Menomonie, WI is seeking applications for their inaugural Events and Marketing Manager position. This hands on, arts oriented leader will oversee all events scheduled at one of the 15 Most Spectacular Theaters in the World (CNN Travel), including new event development with a highly energetic team of Mabel staff and board members. This social media and graphic design savvy person will aid in the growth and take charge of the promotion of the Mabel well beyond the Chippewa Valley to attract new patrons and clients. This motivated manager will work closely with the Mabel staff team, board, and community partners to continue the tradition of excellence, while developing new and innovative ideas to assist in organizational advancement.
- Experience in planning events, both in-person and virtually
- Examples of social media success, graphic design work, and video creation - submitted with application
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects concurrently
- Work independently and as part of a team environment on collaborative efforts
- Knowledge and adherence of branding standards
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ experience working as an event coordinator, manger, or similar
- Two years’ experience of graphic design work
- Two years’ experience of social media design and development
- Two years’ experience with video creation
- Actively work to schedule and promote corporate events, wedding rentals, and building rentals to existing and new clientele to exceed budgetary goals while building and maintaining relationships by providing high quality customer service.
- Actively integrate the common vision and event scheduling for the Mabel Tainter, in collaboration with community partners as well as the Mabel Tainter staff and volunteers. Evaluate results with the Executive Director regularly and use data to guide future events and programming.
- Assist in scheduling of additional staff and volunteers when necessary for successful event operations (i.e. Extra bartenders, box office coverage, volunteers for events, etc.).
- Responsible for directly line managing, supervising, and motivating staff plus volunteers, ensuring morale is high, team cooperates well and performance is excellent all round.
- Ultimate financial responsibility for income and expenditure as it relates to events. A) Work within the annual budget, B) responsible for overseeing and fully understanding facility rentals portions of said budget, and C) and for prompt and authorized payments into/out of account, according to financial procedures.
- Manage administrative responsibilities of events including contractual agreements, scheduling, timely communication with clients, and billing.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with wedding and event professionals while attending bridal fairs, Chippewa Valley Wedding Professionals, community events, and other events as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
- Develop working relationships with vendors and clients to manage hospitality needs.
- Communicate with staff to ensure that event and contractual needs are being met, and timely communication and notice is given for special requests (i.e. specific liquor orders and other requests that need to be ordered and delivered).
- Develop new events to fulfill the vision and mission of the Mabel Tainter.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and all Mabel staff to collaborate scheduling of events to ensure a smooth operations and turnaround between events.
- Responsible for set up, execution, and cleanup of events with Mabel staff.
- Responsibility for all digital and print Mabel content including website development and maintenance, social media including, at minimum, Facebook and Instagram accounts, season brochures, playbills, wedding promotions, while exploring and executing new marketing avenues.
- Create new content for website and social media through active and engaging marketing materials such as attention grabbing video, photo, and graphic content.
- Develop strategies for successful and profitable promotions of the Mabel Tainter.
- Develop and maintain a marketing and promotions calendar in collaboration with the Executive Director and marketing and programming committee(s).
- Serve as a member of the marketing and programming committee(s).
- Work with Mabel staff regarding marketing and public relations initiatives to promote programming, education, and historical significance of the Mabel to the community and enhance attendance.
- Collect, organize, and maintain all marketable content as it relates to the Mabel, including historic photos, wedding content, etc.
- Establish collaborative relationships with a diverse population of arts organizations, key organizations in the community, and grow the knowledge of the Mabel to a broader audience beyond the Chippewa Valley.
- Provide monthly reports and updates to the Board of Directors regarding programmatic, event, and marketing goals and achievements.
- Oversee the sale and management of the Mabel Store and its content, including developing new content to aid in the promotion of the Mabel Tainter.
20% Box Office:
- Work as the Box Office Manager during box office scheduled hours including those related to shows and events.
- Work with the Executive Director on scheduling and maintenance of Ovationtix for the timely sale of programs and events.
- Utilize downtime during box office hours on the execution of marketing and events goals and activities.
These responsibilities are subject to change and/or modification and are not intended to be all-encompassing. Other duties may be assigned. Supervision of this position will be overseen by the Executive Director. Primary communications on job duties, projects, and board decisions will come from the Executive Director.
The Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts is a 131-year-old premier arts organization in Western Wisconsin. Consistently ranked as one of the best kept Victorian theaters in the nation, the Mabel Tainter offers a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grown. As a founding partner in the League of Historic American Theaters, the Mabel puts a strong emphasis on its history, while offering new and innovative ways in which to involve people in the arts. The mission of the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts is to strengthen and connect our community by engaging people in the arts.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and examples of social media success, graphic design work, and video creation to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted by February 11th, 2022. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled. Salary range is $38,000 - $45,000.
Questions regarding this position or recruitments, please contact Lucas Chase, Executive Director at email@example.com or 715-308-7412.